Best Western Desert Inn
133 North Canyon Street, West Yellowstone, MT 59758
Phone: +1 406-646-7376 | Fax: 406/646-7384 | 74 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Whether you are in town to discover the beauty of Yellowstone National Park or to visit famous landmarks like Old Faithful, our West Yellowstone hotel puts you close to everything.
Located only two blocks from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, our guests are delighted by how close they are to the great outdoors. The Best Western Desert Inn is just 30 miles to Old Faithful, and our Main Street location is close to restaurants and shops. Whether a day of hiking the local trails or discovering a new favorite boutique sounds ideal, rest assured that a relaxing vacation is easy at our West Yellowstone hotel.
Guests at our West Yellowstone hotel enjoy fly fishing, hunting, hiking, snowmobiling and cross country skiing. There is no shortage of outdoor adventure to be had.
Of course, our West Yellowstone hotel guests also enjoy the spacious rooms and quality amenities we offer. Interior corridors with an elevator make you feel welcome and right at home. A large indoor pool and spa is the perfect place to relax after a day of exploration. A microwave, refrigerator and 40-inch HDTV's with HBO® are in all rooms, which is perfect for longer stays.
Downhill skiing is a 45 minute drive away. Hebgen Lake is only 12 miles from our West Yellowstone hotel, and Quake Lake and Visitor Center is 23 miles from us. If you prefer to walk and see what our region has to offer, the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is two blocks away, as well as the IMAX® Theater. Shops and casinos are right next door.
A full day of discovery needs to start with a hearty breakfast, and it's on us. A daily free buffet features sizzling hot eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and of course pastries and fresh fruits, cereals and yogurt. Complete the most important meal of the day with a cup of 100% Arabica coffee and juices.
Reserve your conveniently located room at Best Western Desert Inn, where you will be steps from the most famous park in the US!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, includes Danish, muffins, English muffins, bagels, French toast, assorted oatmeal, four types of cereals, apples, fruit cups, yogurt, eggs, patty or link sausage, ham or bacon, biscuits, gravy, three types of bread, hot chocolate, assortment of tea, juices
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor pool heated large
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Late check out, noon check out upon request
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy machine
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free high-speed Internet access
Best Western Desert Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western desert inn in West Yellowstone.
Best Western Desert Inn
Conveniently located, the best western desert inn in West Yellowstone, Montana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.661875 / Latitude: -111.098735
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North. The Best Western Desert Inn is located downtown West Yellowstone on Canyon Street and Hwy 191 at the intersection of US 20. Go through the 1st stop light, then a quick left. You have arrived at the BEXT WESTERN Desert Inn.
From: South and East. Going through Yellowstone National Park 1 block on Yellowstone Avenue to the 4-way stop. turn right on Canyon Street then go 2 blocks. The Best Western Desert Inn will be on the right side.
From: West. From Highway 20 turn right on Canyon Street at stop light, then a quick left. Arrive at the Best Western Desert Inn.
Best Western Desert Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Plan a visit to Montana for the winter. The Yellowstone Ski Festival has been celebrating the beginning of the Montana cross-country ski season, for more than 30 years. Each November, Nordic skiers from Canada and across the US, travel to West Yellowstone, to join in the fun and start skiing for the season.
Festival festivities include the Nordic Skiing Clinic, On Snow Gear Demo, SuperTour Races, Indoor Ski Show, Biathlon Races, classes, presentations and clinics. Visitors enjoy shopping for the latest gear, as well as testing the gear on the Rendezvous Trails.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from casino and lounge, adjacent to Bullwinkels Restaurant
- 0.30 mile(s) from west entrance to Yellowstone West gate to Yellowstone National Park
- 0.45 mile(s) from IMAX® Theater, featuring Yellowstone
- 0.45 mile(s) from Grizzly Discovery Center, a non profit wildlife park and educational facility. Featuring Birds of prey, Grizzlies, and wolfs in their natural habitats
- 0.60 mile(s) from Rendezvous cross-country, cross country ski, run or bike on a trail system used to train Olympic hopefuls.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Hebgan Lake, large lake created by the Hebgan Lake Dam. Great fishing, water skiing, jet skiing, canoeing, kyaking, ice fishing and picnicing.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Old Faithful, geyser eruption appoximately every hour and twenty minutes. Visitor Center, resturant, kiking and cross country ski trails
- 82.00 mile(s) from Grand Teton National Park, Grand Teton Mountain Range and Jenny Lake. Hiking, fishing and photography.
- 84.00 mile(s) from Virginia & Nevada City, preserved historical mining townsites. 100 historical building complete with artifacts. Live theaters, ghost walk tours and Alder Gulch Short Line Railfoad.
- 110 mile(s) from Lewis and Clark Caves, guided tours through undergound cave system.
- 381 mile(s) from Glacier National Park, Glacier Lakes and Mountains. Hiking, biking, fishing and photography.
- 0.50 mile(s) from shopping and restaurants
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.01 mile(s) from Biking tours into Yellowstone National Park
- 0.01 mile(s) from Cross-country ski and snowmobile from hotel
- 0.01 mile(s) from Theater, Live theater productions
- 0.01 mile(s) from Dog Sled Ride, Handle & Harness the Dogs, Drive your own sled. Take a Kennel Tour and Watch sled dog videos. Pet the dogs and ask questions, or just take a ride
- 0.02 mile(s) from Hiking, Hike Yellowstone National Park's numerous trails.
- 0.02 mile(s) from Picnic, Picnic in the city park accoss the street or in Yellowstone National Park
- 0.03 mile(s) from Museum, Yellowstone Museum
- 0.04 mile(s) from Grizzly & Wolf Disc Cente, Walk the wildlife park, watch educational video, participate in Keeper Kids, attend Live Bird-of-prey demonstrations, Karelian Bear Dog Presentations Wolf Pack Chat, safety in Bear Cound and Interactive Exhibits.
- 0.05 mile(s) from Movie Theater
- 0.05 mile(s) from Playground, Childrens playgound
- 0.05 mile(s) from Tennis, Tennis Count
- 0.06 mile(s) from ice skate, Bring your skates and enjoy outdoor skating
- 1.00 mile(s) from fishing
- 2.00 mile(s) from Hunting, Hunt outside of Yellowstone National Park
- 4.50 mile(s) from I-Max Theater, Super Screen 60' x 80'. 6 channel Surround Sound, 12,000 watt sound system. Watch such movies as Yellowstone, Amazing Caves and Everest
- 7.00 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 12.00 mile(s) from Hebgan Lake
- 22.00 mile(s) from Island Park, nine hole golf course
- 42 mile(s) from Kyak, Kyak the Gallatin River
- 42.00 mile(s) from Gallatin River, White Water Rafting
- 42.00 mile(s) from Big Sky Resort, golf
- 42.00 mile(s) from skiing
- 48.00 mile(s) from Big Sky hill skiing
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this West Yellowstone, Montana hotel.
- Adjacent to Slippery Otter, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Pete's Pizza, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Pizza and pasta
- 1 block(s) from Arby's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1 block(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.5 block(s) from China Town, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.25 block(s) from Madison Crossing, full service, American, open for: dinner
- 2 block(s) from The Gusher, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Pizza, sandwiches, burgers
- 1 mile(s) from Wildwest, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Pizzara
- 1 block(s) from Sidneys Bistro, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.5 block(s) from Arrow Leaf, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.5 block(s) from Old Town, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2 block(s) from Canyon Street Grill, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- .25 block(s) from Casino Bar, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch
- .25 block(s) from Bullwinkle's Saloon and Eatery, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3 block(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.5 block(s) from Ernies Deli, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 5.5 block(s) from The Running Bear, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 1 block(s) from Dairy Queen®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Book Peddler, coffee shop, American,open for: breakfast, lunch
- 2block(s) Outpost, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 18 mile(s) from Happy Hour, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Desert Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near West Yellowstone. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean